The labor cost of manufacturing is often much greater than the material itself. The choice of the mold core material is directly related to the cost of the mold and the service life of the mold.
The choice of mold core material is directly related to the service life of the mold and the price of the mold. In terms of the products produced, the demand for the products is small. If you choose a good mold core material, the cost of the mold will increase. For the company, the cost will increase. It is a waste. The demand for the product is large and the choice is poor. If the mold core material fails to meet the production requirements, the mold will be scrapped and the mold will need to be reopened. The production efficiency will not increase, which also increases the cost of the mold. To reasonably choose the mold core material, we must first understand the mold core material and mold core material characteristics commonly used in the mold. It is very important to use different mold core materials according to your actual work experience.
P20, 738, 738H, 718, 718H, NAK80, 2316, 2316A, S136, etc. The materials used for hardened molds are 2344, 8407, SKD11, SKD61, etc.
Characteristics of mold core material:
1) P20: generally suitable for plastic molds that require high hardness, high toughness and wear resistance. Nitriding can increase the life of the mold. It is suitable for PS, PE, PP, ABS and other thermoplastics without fire retardant added. Among the molds is the more commonly used mold kernel material, and its price is relatively low.
2) 738: Various properties have been improved compared to P20, 738H is better than 738, and the life of the mold has been increased accordingly.
3) NAK80: EDM and polishing performance are relatively good, generally used in plastic products with higher transparency requirements.
4) 2316: Suitable for high acid plastic molds, with high finish and high acid resistance, generally used in molds for molding plastic materials of PVC.
5) 2344: Generally used in plastic hard molds, its mold life can reach 1 million times, but due to the relatively high cost of the mold, it is suitable for plastic products with relatively large output. The same is true for hard mold materials such as 8407 and SKD11.
Mold core processing equipment: Due to the complexity of mold core and the difficulty of the process flow, there are many general mold core processing equipment: CNC precision machining center, computer processing center, MC processing center, wire walking, wire cutting tool machine, grinder, optical grinder, computer gong bed, surface grinder, etc.
General requirements for accuracy: ±0.005mm